- Parking space availability in real time
- Easy location of free parking
- Access control
- External or buried sensors
- Monitoring of parking areas
- Reduced pollution
Parking sensors are the ideal solution for monitoring parking areas by providing information on the availability of parking spaces, helping to reduce pollution and urban traffic, for ever smarter and greener cities.
The magnetic sensor uses passive technology to detect ferromagnetic objects. It measures the variation in the terrestrial magnetic field due to the approach of a ferromagnetic object.
The sensor uses magneto-resistive transducers positioned on perpendicular axes and each one measures the variations on its axis. By processing the data on the three axes you get very accurate measurements in all the surrounding space.
Each metal object alters the Earth's magnetic field. The amplitude of the alteration depends on the size, shape and composition of the object, but also on the intensity of the Earth's magnetic field in the surrounding environment.
The sensor, thanks to an integrated radio, communicates to the central system the variations detected by each movement of the vehicle occupying or vacating the parking area. The sensors do not require any wiring and are powered by a battery that can last up to 10 years, and during operation they send a radio signal with an encrypted protocol at very low power (LPRN), communicating the occupancy status of all the municipal spaces in real time.
There are different types of sensors, external or buried, with cable, wireless or ultrasound technologies.
- Buried sensors: inserted via a simple borehole into the ground under each space, they are not affected by atmospheric conditions, they are completely invisible in asphalt and cobblestones, interlocking or other types of road surface and therefore there are no difficulties concerning road cleaning, vandalism, obstacles with risk of tripping, as well as problems of an aesthetic character, of major importance in those cities of particular architectural interest
- External sensors: The sensor is designed to be glued or secured with screws on the space or on a post above the parking space; no excavations or conduits are required because the sensor and the control unit are totally wireless. The connection between sensors and the data collection unit is performed automatically: by adding or removing the sensors, the system is automatically reconfigured